The first thing that man will be asked about is our love, the people of the Household (ahl al-bayt).

Results per page: 139
Question ID  2416  -  Divorce -  2015-04-06 10:30:01
Salaams Can I please confirm if it is correct when husband and wife have not had any intercourse for more that four months and they divorce. The marriage is automatically over and the girl does no longer need to do Iddah? regards, Ali Katouzian
Answer:-  No it is it not right at all.
Husband must sleep with his wife at least once every four months, but if he
deliberately did not do that he will be committing a sin, that sin does not
mean that the marriage is void. Marriage remains valid until proper Talaq
is announced in front of two pious (Aadil) witnesses, with all the
conditions of Talaq. IDDAH is must after Talaq unless no sexual intercourse
took place since the beginning of the marriage.
Mohammad Al-Musawi

Question ID  2369  -  Divorce -  2015-03-16 11:45:02
if my husband does not want to clean himself and refuses to have a wash can i divorce him?
Answer:-  No, do not destroy your family life for this matter but try to convince him
gradually to clean his body.
Mohammad Al-Musawi
Question ID  2362  -  Divorce -  2015-03-15 19:15:01
Salaam Alaikum Aga Mussawi Question-After how long [waiting period] whereby Husband and wife have not lived together nor shared relationship with each other due to disagreements and arguments -would result in an automatic divorce if there is such a divorce in sharia. Please note that there has been no communication or contact between them [Husband and Wife] Your advice will be appreciated and May allah swt bless you ans give you tawfiq to serve the community...Ameen
Answer:-  Long separation does not mean nor lead to Talaq in Islam even if it goes to
any number of years. Talaq has its own conditions which must be fulfilled
if they want to go for talaq.
Mohammad Al-Musawi
Question ID  2315  -  Divorce -  2015-02-19 20:30:01
In our fiqa wat the procedure of divorce n can both partners live together till final divorce
Answer:-  Divorce has many conditions e.g.
- Wife should not be in her menstrual period.
- Husband should not be in anger or been forced to divorce.
- Divorce is invalid during the period in which husband and wife had sexual
intercource between them.
- Two pious witnesses must witness the divorce.
After divorce Iddah period starts for around three months or three
menstrual periods, during which husband should not ask his wife to leave
the house and she should not leave also willingly. During the Iddah period,
there is no Hajib between them. If they want to return back to each other,
the husband can say that or act like putting his hand on her, then Divorce
is invalid and they return as married couple immediately with out need for
another marriage agreement (Nikah).
Mohammad al-Musawi
Question ID  2245  -  Divorce -  2015-04-15 16:00:02
Aslamualaikum,,sir i had nikah with my cousin 4 years ago on my parents wish,but rukhsati doesnt happen yet.after 6 months of nikah,my husband start fighting and giving me threats of divorce without any reason.i kept quite over his behaviour but later i found that he has become alcoholic and drugs abuser and had illegal relations with many girls these 4 years he didnt bear my expenses parents asked them many time for rukhsati but they dont.neither they want rukhsati nor want to divorce husband many times said to me that he will not rukhsat me nor divorce me he moved to USA. i am 28 years old now and have completed my studies i am sitting in my parents home doing nothing.note:at this time,i am not in takleed of any mujtahid. 1:what should i do in this situation?? 2:is it ok to marry a alcoholic,drug abuser and zani even if he dont do tauba??? 3:if my husband or his family dont want rukhsati or divorce what should a i do?? 4:what if my parents force me to marry a alcoholic,drug abuser and zani?? 5:what if my parents dont take my matter serious and dont help me to get divorce from him in legal and sharah way?? please solve my problem and give me openion of mujtahideens regarding my my problem.
Answer:-  Momin girl should not marry an alcoholic or major sin doer. No one can
force you to do that.
If your husband is not fulfilling his duties towards you, and not giving
you divorce, you can seek help from Haakim Shariah who will order your
husband to give you all your rights, and if refuses, then will order him to
give you Islamic divorce. If your husband refuses both orders, the Islamic
Sharia will give you Talaq and free you from this injustice.
Mohammad Al-Musawi
Total : 45 Results